topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:28 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FamousWhy Software : Famous Questions CMS  (Read 18574 times)

adi_barb

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FamousWhy Software : Famous Questions CMS
« on: December 14, 2010, 04:28 AM »
Famous Questions CMS by FamousWhy

If you are looking to build a website where people can ask questions and get their questions answered, Famous Questions CMS is the right choice for you. Famous Questions CMS comes loaded with the latest web technology and proven Q&A methods that help in creating the perfect Q&A community you have been looking for. Not just questions, Famous Questions CMS takes it a step ahead by indulging its members to participate in debates.

It is a great opportunity for webmasters to deploy Famous Questions CMS on their servers and make their website stand out.

Famous Questions CMS is a very complex PHP script offered by Ask.FamousWhy.com for anyone who wants to own and master a collaboratively edited Questions and Answers website.

Famous Questions CMS can be used as a niche social network website for a specific country, business category, profession or job such as : Ask a Doctor, Ask a Lawyer, Ask a Teacher, Ask a Programmer or Ask an Expert for a general community-driven Q&A site.

ask_famouswhy_banner.pngFamousWhy Software : Famous Questions CMS
screenshot.pngFamousWhy Software : Famous Questions CMS

Famous Questions CMS Live Demo :  http://famousquestions.com

Famous Questions CMS Buy & Install :  http://web.famouswhy.com

IMPORTANT : We will give free licenses to members of DC community.

"Become a Famous Webmaster with us" - FamousWhy.com Team
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 06:34 AM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: FamousWhy Software : Famous Questions CMS
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 06:28 AM »
Hi adi,

Congratulations on your latest project -- it looks quite nice  :up:

And on behalf of DC thank you very much for the free license offer; you may want to consider some limits on that or you might kill off your potential customers -- maybe make it a limited time or number offer, etc.

How do you guys create and write so much is what i want to know! You must have a busy team working on this stuff!

ps. i touched up your post a little -- you don't need so many links to your site, etc.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 06:33 AM by mouser »

adi_barb

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 01:21 PM »
Congratulations on your latest project -- it looks quite nice  :up:

And on behalf of DC thank you very much for the free license offer; you may want to consider some limits on that or you might kill off your potential customers -- maybe make it a limited time or number offer, etc.

How do you guys create and write so much is what i want to know! You must have a busy team working on this stuff!

thank you for your nice words.

let's say our free license offer will last 3 months and yes, we try to improve the script day by by day adding new features and things.

we're actually a pretty small team over here but we use to collaborate with tens of people for ideas, opinions, testing and stuff like that.  :-[

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Thanks for your generous offer!

I can't use it myself but it's nice of you to make it available here  :Thmbsup:

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 03:44 PM »

thank you for your nice words.

let's say our free license offer will last 3 months and yes, we try to improve the script day by by day adding new features and things.

we're actually a pretty small team over here but we use to collaborate with tens of people for ideas, opinions, testing and stuff like that.  :-[

Glad to see you took Mouser's advice. If you're running a business, the single best thing you can do for your customers is to remain in business. And the only way you'll be able to do that is if you make some money for yourselves along the way.

Best of luck with your package. I think you hit on a product that fills a genuine need.  :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 03:50 PM »
If you're running a business, the single best thing you can do for your customers is to remain in business. And the only way you'll be able to do that is if you make some money for yourselves along the way.

That is a really important point, especially in the software business.  I've tried to make the same point about donationware in the article i wrote about DonationCoder in 2006:

Furthermore, while you may be tempted to tell your users that if they don't donate you won't be able to continue coding, this is probably a very bad idea for a software developer. It's not like a public broadcasting station, where there is no penalty for a watcher to start watching a show and then have the show go off the air. In such a scenario, predicting doom unless enough donations are received may be a viable incentive and threat. For software, if the visitors to your site get the feeling that you may stop work on and support of the software if you don't raise enough money, that alone may be enough to scare them away.

Users don't want to invest their time and effort learning to use your software and become dependent upon it only to have it dissapear. Because of this, you really need to adopt a somewhat unusual approach, and make a contract with your users: You will be there for them, through thick and thin, and in return you ask for some monetary support. If you can't make a promise to support the software no matter what, then you can't expect your users to donate, do beta testing, and file bug reports, and then risk finding themselves left out to dry because there aren't enough people supporting you. You need to set a baseline of support you are willing to guarantee no matter what - and then you can offer further incentives for donating beyond that.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 07:08 PM »
@mouser - great article. Glad you mentioned it. Never knew about it until now.  :Thmbsup:

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:14 PM by 40hz »

pcbender

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 07:43 AM »
Looks like something I've been looking for. How would I request a license?

Thanks in advance.

PCBender

adi_barb

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 03:24 PM »
pcbender: sorry for my late reply.

please send me a pm with the name of your website you want to launch using q&a and to discuss more about the details.

thank you for your interest in our script.