ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DeviantArt (Silverpop) and Gawker Media (Lifehacker/Gizmodo/etc.) compromised

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eóin:
I use Keepass myself. Thanks to the Android and WinMo clients, I always have my passwords at hand.

y0himba:
I recieved three emails.  One from Gawker/Lifehacker itself.  One from someone called "Hint", and this morning an email with bad grammar and poor spelling that imitated the email from Gawker/Lifehacker.  Luckily I never use the same password twice, and the email I usually register uses a different password.

I wonder, I am interested in downloading the torrent to see what they have on me in there, but don't want folks to think badly of me or think I am a malicious hacker.  What are the moralities in this instance? Opinions?

Also, you can go here: http://www.slate.com/id/2277768/ enter your username or email address and see if yours was among the information compromised.

Ampa:
Had heard about the Gawker hack on the web so have been monitoring the progress of the password crack.

I actually downloaded the Torrent released by Gnosis to see whether my account was in the decrypted information (it wasn't) but the brute forcing continues and it is said that over 200k accounts have now been cracked.

DuoSecurity have provided this widget which claims that my information has been compromised.

I do not use the same password on every site, so am not overly concerned, but am amazed that it took Gawker 3 days to email me about the issue!

40hz:
Let's see...some pissy prima donnas took a snit about something Gawker said about them and their cohorts...and decided to punish Gawker by compromising the account information of +200K innocent users...in order to teach Gawker some "respect" for Gnossis and 4Chan?

Maybe I'm missing something, but just who is being the "arrogant" jerk here?

(God, do some people ever need to get a life!)  :-\

f0dder:
(God, do some people ever need to get a life!)  :-\-40hz (December 14, 2010, 09:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, but they've just got a lot of life - all over their panties, down in mum&dad's basement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version