ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

utorrent and azureus high cpu activity

<< < (2/3) > >>

jgpaiva:
why do java applications suck so much?
-superboyac (February 16, 2006, 06:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
The problem with java apps is that java doesn't work like C, and you when you don't want something, you don't destroy it, you abbandon it, and then the garbage collector will come and clean it when the memory usage is too much. This one of the main aspects that tend to make java apps resource-hogs.

Mark0:
uTorrent should be pretty light on resource.
In my PC it has about 3MB allocated after hours of running, and CPU time is around <=1%.

Bye!

Gothi[c]:
Try BitComet. ( www.bitcomet.com )
It's written in c++ and runs very smooth :)

PhilKC:
Try BitComet. ( www.bitcomet.com )
It's written in c++ and runs very smooth :)
-Gothi[c] (February 16, 2006, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

BitComet is more of a leecher tool, and is widely banned by trackers and other peers for various reasons (Not respecting the private flag, not uploading much data, etc)...

As for Java being crap, well, I quite like it, it's often taken for granted that fact that a program can run on almost any OS with absolutly no re-coding... Sure, it's not as light as C or C++ (Although, those complaining about Azureus using too much memory: http://bluescreenofdeath.co.uk/Temp/Memory.png ) but it serves it purpose...

PhilKC

nudone:
interesting. no definite answer but at least i'm not the only person experiencing high cpu use. i shall now go away into a dark corner and meditate on whether to use these torrent things - bitcomet is perhaps the path to take.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version