ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DonationCoder.com New Server Migration Coming Soon

(1/6) > >>

mouser:
Ok we are going to be moving the DC domain to a new server in the next couple of days (over the weekend probably).

This could go completely smoothly, or may hit some hiccups, and may mean a day or two of strangeness as the new server address propagates through the domain name servers.

I will post again right before we pull the trigger, and then the forum will close while we migrate the database, and then re-open on the new server.

So everyone grab your teddy bears and baby cody plushies and hold tight over the weekend, and wish Gothi[c] good luck as he drives the truck full of dynamite over the bridge.

SERVER CHANGEOVER HAPPENING TODAY - SUNDAY 12/12/10

We did not go ahead with the server changeover due to difficulties getting the mysql database operations optimized.  See post below.

KynloStephen66515:
Mouser should have added:

If you have any problems getting to the forums over the weekend, please visit the IRC chat room

mouser:
I should note that we aren't planning any site/forum changes at this time.. so the migration should be fairly painless and you shouldn't see any real differences.  [some more substantial site changes are planned for 2011 though!]

y0himba:
I should note that we aren't planning any site/forum changes at this time.. so the migration should be fairly painless and you shouldn't see any real differences.-mouser (December 10, 2010, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Famous last words anyone?  :P

[some more substantial site changes are planned for 2011 though!]-mouser (December 10, 2010, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
As my teenager would say: "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!" I can't wait to see what's coming! :up: :tellme:

rgdot:
Wasn't there an alternate site set up for when main DC goes down? I have it bookmarked but it's lost in the maze that is my bookmarks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version