ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Movie Mode

<< < (3/4) > >>

app103:
You could check out EndItAll by PC Magazine at pcmag.com
-SleepingWolf (February 07, 2011, 10:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestion but...

Here are the 2 key points to what I want:

* I do not want to have to select a bunch of things to kill each and every time.
* I need it to be able to restart everything it kills later on.
EndItAll can not do that and neither can its successor, TaskPower 2.

4wd:
Annoyed with constant popup requesters from people who want to be your Facebook friend?
Find that the latest Nigerian Prince has interrupted your movie watching by offering you a once in a lifetime offer to get wealthy?
Do dings, bells, chimes and buzzes make you miss that once in a million Call of Duty: Black Ops headshot?
Constantly find yourself openning the door for salesmen?  (Sorry, got carried away  :-[ )

Well, your prayers are answered!*

Try ***Movie-ize***, (catchy name, huh).

Comes with a money back guarantee!**

Instructions:
1) Put it anywhere
2) Run it
3) Marvel at the Tray icon
3) Select Preferences to edit the ini file, it's pretty self-explanatory: one line per program, full path required, increment the key number as you go, (ie. Program11, Program12, etc).  It throws Skype in as an example entry.

I should note that all it does is close the process, if the process pops up a requester asking for confirmation, it won't get it from this program.

EDIT: Crap!  Didn't see the command line parameter bit  :-[
I'll have a look at that.  Can you send me an example command line for it?

Removed, see post below.

* Maybe
** Disclaimer: All waranties void if this software proves useful or not.  Liability also not accepted for damage to eyesight through increased movie watching or DVT from failing to move from chair.  Warranty also considered to be void if it's used on a system it wasn't designed for, ie. mine.

app103:
Can you send me an example command line for it?
-4wd (February 07, 2011, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is the parameters for launching the particular version of xchat that I run, that sets the settings folder somewhere other than the default location on my system drive:

-d "E:\Programs Installed\xchat-pu70\settings"

4wd:
Thanks, got an idea how to go about it - other than that, is it suitable for intended purpose?

eg. The method it uses to kill programs tends to leave their icons in the SysTray until you wander your mouse over them, is this a problem?

Of course, if it is a problem I don't know what I'm going to do about FIXED

While I'm at it, when running programs from command line do you want the CLI window to be open/closed/optional ?

EDIT: Try this one.

Delete the old ini file, it'll create a new one with a couple of examples.
Main things to notice are:
1) Prefix DOS, (or CLI run programs), with the '>' character;
2) Match the parameters with the programs, ie. Param1 is for Program1, etc;

Oh, if it wasn't obvious in the first post, it can handle more than 10 programs - just keep incrementing the program and parameter number.

app103:
The method it uses to kill programs tends to leave their icons in the SysTray until you wander your mouse over them, is this a problem?
-4wd (February 07, 2011, 06:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds good to me so far and the tray icons won't be a problem.

While I'm at it, when running programs from command line do you want the CLI window to be open/closed/optional ?
--- End quote ---

There is no extra CLI window when I launch XChat that way.

other than that, is it suitable for intended purpose?
--- End quote ---

Can't answer that yet, but I'll configure and test this later, when I am fully awake and not busy. (woke up to a ton of work in my inbox)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version