ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Fast Food: Ads vs. Reality

(1/6) > >>

Deozaan:
Everyone knows that fast food never measures up to the photos of what's advertised, but now we have photographic evidence!

So, I went to some fast food places (I won’t say “restaurants”, just “places”), and picked up burgers/tacos, so I could compare them with the ads. (I love little projects like this…)

I brought the “food” home (different stuff over 3 nights), tossed it into my photography studio, and did some ad-style shoots, with pictures of the official ads on my computer next to me, so I could match the lighting/angles/etc.
-http://alphaila.com/articles/?p=452
--- End quote ---

(click image to visit site)

This guy is pretty funny, but I have to (and hate to) admit it was a bit "tldr" between the pictures for me. I'll blame my impatience on it being way too late/early and having not slept yet.

Renegade:
That was very cool! A very interesting project indeed.

But unfortunately, it's nothing surprising. Advertising is almost equivalent to dishonesty. It's rather depressing...

I've noticed in Australia that consumer protection against dishonest advertising is even worse than in Canada and the US (and Korea and Malaysia for that matter). From what I've seen anyways, the level of honesty is much lower there.

But, I'm quite sure that there are enough smart-mouthed lawyers out there that can justify it...  >:(

I would love to see some real honesty injected into things.

What's even more shameful is that this kind of thing actually needs to be regulated because people don't have the decency to be honest...

Sigh... No hope...

ljbirns:
Have you looked at dating sites ?  Bet it is pretty much the same.

cranioscopical:
Have you looked at dating sites ?  Bet it is pretty much the same.
-ljbirns (December 08, 2010, 08:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
Flatter than advertised?

tomos:
Very funny that the advertised McDonald burgers wouldn't actually fit in the box that the burger is served in :D

down at the bottom (in case anyone is feeling generous) I noticed:
Note: due to this article spreading all over the net, I can’t pay my bandwidth bills. If you have a PayPal account, please channel a couple bucks this way.
--- End quote ---
then again,
maybe he could get some of the big fast food chains to advertise on the page . . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version