ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Lock icons in place on desktop

<< < (5/6) > >>

Josh:
Cool, when you do that, can you add a way to save the current desktop icon layout and restore it at a later time? A preferred way of handling this would be to store the icon layouts in .dtl (or whatever file ext you choose) files, that way you can save different layouts under different names. What do you think? This would be a life saver for me since this program already works so well at preventing icons from being moved around, but if a rogue app does move them or windows decides to restore them, I can quickly restore them to their original layout. Let me know man. Thanks!

Josh:
Any word on this skrommel? I anxiously await your reply :)

Josh:
Hey skrommel, just wanted to see if you were up for the above challenge of saving and restoring icon layouts so that if some rogue app resizes my desktop and messes the icon positions up, i can restore quickly :) Let me know and thanks!

imtrobin:
skrommel, desklock is exactly what I'm looking for! Could you please add a way to enable it via the hotkey. Now it will disable only

johnnyzero:
Nice work, Skrommel.

To prevent dragging of Desktop icons on Windows 8/8.1, you need to manually add the "WorkerW" class. Perhaps you can update your code so that DeskLock.ini includes that class by default.

Also, it would be great if you could change the hotkey function so that it toggles between enabled/disabled, rather than just disable.

JohnB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version