ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Pledge: cursor mover (hider)

<< < (3/4) > >>

Ath:
A white-list of applications to enable this feature on would be quite helpful, as like you already noted, the mousepointer only hinders sight in some and not all applications, and it could automagically enable when needed.

anandcoral:
Dear @Ath, "Park Cursor Aside" works with all applications.

Windows built in mouse hider do not work with all applications. Hence I made "Park Cursor Aside".

Anand

worstje:
I think Ath's point is that there might be applications you don't want to use "Park Cursor Aside" on. Maybe an app will bug out since it wants to do its own thing with the mouse cursor, maybe the mouse cursor serves a purpose while typing, etc - an easy opt-in or the opposite, an opt-out principle on a per-application basis would be very useful I imagine. Manually turning PCA on and off each time I switch to an app I use often would piss me off really quickly and make me just leave PCA off all the time.

Ath:
worstje couldn't have said better what I was trying to achieve...

anandcoral:
Hmm. understood, "Exclude programs" list option is the suggestion.

I will need some time to implement the same, but let me tell you why I made PCA.

1. I work mostly in text editor, coding application, and the mouse cursor shows as a bar some where on the codes, which makes it difficult to read the code behind it.
2. When I do searching on the browser, the mouse cursor creates same problem in troubling me reading the text and also some times enabling some mouse over activity on the web site, like auto menu drop down or auto image enlargement.
3. When I fill some text, number etc. in some form in a application or website, the same mouse covers the input field.

In all these above cases the program in use is not important, but my vision to the text on which I am working is important and the mouse cursor is creating hindrance to it. I want the mouse cursor to behave like my slave rather than I have to lift my hand from the keyboard and physically move the mouse each and every time I am working on some text.

So unless and until you face problem with the mouse cursor, PCA is useless. People do face the problem so much that there is a shareware application "Cursor Hider" available for some 20$. PCA was born because I expected this simple feature to be freeware.

Hope I have be able to clarify the purpose of the application.

Anand

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version