ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

How to program for all 3 platforms at once

<< < (5/8) > >>

Ron88888:
I have zero experience with QT. This is what it says at their web site, qt.nokia.com

Write code once to target multiple platforms
Qt allows you to write advanced applications and UIs once, and deploy them across desktop and embedded operating systems without rewriting the source code saving time and development cost.

kyrathaba:
Hmm, I have some background with QuickBASIC, so I think I could pick up RealBASIC pretty easily.  Especially now that I have some OOP background with C#.  I'm just wondering if the cost would be worth it, to me personally.  It looks like you have to get at least the "Pro" version in order to be able to deploy to all three major platforms.  Not sure I want to layout the cash right now.  Carol, I'd be interested in hearing your impressions if you do pursue this avenue of development.

Carol Haynes:
I have a copy of RB and have some plans. My biggest problem is finding the time. I've been really busy with work over the last few months and I have other things I have to do before I start spending time on RB. Bit of a catch 22 situation.

Deozaan:
Another way to program for all 3 platforms at once is to use something like Adobe AIR, Flash, or javascript (web app that works offline).

kyrathaba:
I've heard Adobe AIR mentioned a lot lately.  What code does it use?  Java?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version