ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Uninstallers (a very short look at what I've tried!)

<< < (5/7) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Funny - it has done that for me?

Black Mamba:
TU doesn't really remove every key from a software uninstall. There are many hidden keys plus others that remain in the registry.  ;D

What would developers say if TU removes all the hidden keys created by their shareware programs?  ;)

tomos:
has anyone tried out MyUninstaller
www.nirsoft.net
which doesent need to be installed and is free
Ive just installed it (well, opened it...) but havent used it yet & probably wouldnt know anyways (how good it is!)

Gives a huge amount of info about installed progs,
after reading above will prob close other programmes before trying it
 can let you know if anything noticably exotic happens :)

urlwolf:
What's with the names? Your uninstaller, my uninstaller...
Did uninstaller programmers get their creativity uninstalled from their brains?

Carol Haynes:
TU doesn't really remove every key from a software uninstall. There are many hidden keys plus others that remain in the registry.  ;D

What would developers say if TU removes all the hidden keys created by their shareware programs?  ;)
-Black Mamba (May 11, 2006, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

A simple way to acheive this is to backup your registry before you install a piece of software. If you test and decide you don't want it simply uninstall the software and then restore the registry backup. Of course it doens't help 10 days later when you have installed 50 new items too as they would all need to be reinstalled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version