ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Fastest Audio Converter

<< < (8/10) > >>

Curt:
 ;D

We decided more than 30 years ago in our church that a sermon never should be any longer than a cassette tape. Today we only offer our sermon recordings as "1 sermon = 1 CD".

Thanks for the file. I am going to test it now.

Dormouse:
Today we only offer our sermon recordings as "1 sermon = 1 CD".
-Curt (December 07, 2010, 04:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

That could be a very long sermon indeed if its done as a low quality mp3  ;D

Curt:
 ;D

.Wav, 60 minutes.

---

Regarding the downloaded MP3 "debate" file from 4wd's post: It was quite interesting to notice how much faster it is to convert from MP3 to WMA, than the other way around.

I used Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate to convert the 3 hours 'debate' file from MP3 to WMA. It only took 2 minutes, but it took 5 minutes to convert it back into MP3! My converters will not work any faster than 30, 40 or 50 times the normed play time - depending on the settings. This is where the key to conversion speed is to be found, meaning that most programs probably will convert with the exact same speed!

As Hank said, in this discipline (1 long file, from wma to mp3) MediaCoder was in fact slower than the other converters. I used to have a lot of converters, and still have some license keys, so I was tempted to do a thorough test. But the European Championship tournament in female Handball is beginning in a few minutes, so I skipped the lot and went strait to the target: If conversion speed really is so important to Hank, he should consider not converting at all; it is a waste of time, just in order to halve the size of the files! Speaking of "halves"; if you must change any settings, divide any number with 2 or 4, avoid odd  dividers. Don't use "Preset > Voice", it takes forever to create.

Sorry; I am out of time (hopefully not too literally!!!) Handball girls, here I come!

HankFriedman:
I only convert for those clients of mine that cannot handle WMA files. They need MP3 files on their Macs. (And yes, I know there is an easy way to configure a Mac to be able to play WMA files, but even that's too complex for some of my clients.)

Dormouse:
If you control the whole chain, could you not record directly into mp3s?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version