ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

RSSOwl Alternative?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Target:
I hate threads like this cos I just HAVE to go and try the alternatives (damnit!!)

GreatNews is another

Tuxman:
It's not about "alternative feed readers" but about "alternative feed readers with subfolders support", so my initial question requires experience with feed readers, not just "list me some RSS readers please".  :)

GreatNews fails to import some of my feeds, "unknown format", WTF?  :huh:
Oh, and it does not support subfolders, so: Bye, GreatNews.

Target:
Oh, and it does not support subfolders, so: Bye, GreatNews.
-Tuxman (November 29, 2010, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

no problem (and just what exactly do you mean by folder support?)

Tuxman:
Subfolders. I can put my feeds into folders, even Google Reader is said to support that, but I want folders inside these folders.

40hz:
I've used a few feedreaders (GreatNews, Feedreader, RSSbandit) and flirted with several more. In the end, I keep coming back to using Firefox with the Sage add-on. While Sage doesn't have all the bells & whistles some newsreaders come with, I can't say I miss them all that much. (And it does do folders.)

In the end, I gave up on wanting one tool to do it all. For me, the ideal newsreading/web research/archiving setup is the following combo:

Firefox + Sage + ReadItLater + Canaware NetNotes + CintaNotes

There's a few other items in my "keeping up" toolkit, but the above five handle the "web part. " :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version