ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - $15

(1/1)

Gimpymoo:
Game will be gifted on Steam.

Paypal Gift preferred.

5 Copies available.

If interested, send me a PM.

Thanks.

wraith808:
Note that this game uses Ubisoft's horrendous DRM, i.e.

3rd-party DRM: Ubisoft’s Online Services Platform. Ubisoft requires a permanent Internet connection to play this video game at all times.

--- End quote ---

The game itself is awesome; I have it on my 360.  But I wouldn't purchase it on my PC for this reason.

fenixproductions:
Not worth to bother even if it was free.

I bough it as pre-order (was SC fan) and it became one of the few games I really regret spending cash on:

1. DRM interrupted my gaming too many times saying I have no internet connection,
2. I've never got anyone to play co-op with - hours of waiting for participant, only to get #1
3. no hide and seek - you can finish game in "berserker mode",
4. bogus mark & execute.

wraith808:
-fenixproductions (November 29, 2010, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't find it that way... I'm not done with it, and I'm having to 'thin the herd' in the criminal's hideout just to have a chance.

4. bogus mark & execute.
--- End quote ---
I actually quite liked that mechanic.  What didn't you like about it?

fenixproductions:
--- End quote ---
I didn't find it that way... I'm not done with it, and I'm having to 'thin the herd' in the criminal's hideout just to have a chance.-wraith808 (November 29, 2010, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

If I didn't know Splinter Cell at all I would quite like it because it is good game. BUT I have played once again all previous parts and this is why I got upset. Hide and seek was a brand name for SC and this was giving special kind of challenge to me. Conviction broke it when I had discovered that whole game can be rushed easily. I don't consider myself as hardcore gamer but this was no challenge at all.

The other thing is Ubisoft's DRM: I bought SC pre-ordered and when I started to play it kept bothering me about unstable connection every few seconds. This is what is pissing me off every time: I spent money on game which just simply does not work*. There was a patch, obviously, after few days but this is still something wrong.

I knew before buying that this will be not the same game as before but I did not expect it will be different that much. I was hoping for easy mode (no problem rushing) and classic mode (for gamers like me) but it was too much for Ubi. I knew it was also made for consoles but there is Batman (for comparison) which has pretty good h&s scheme. I did not think they can't make it similar way.

I know that things change and I can do nothing about but I don't want to know that. Maybe I am childish but I want to be naive, I want some games to be the same for years because this is what made me to like them.

4. bogus mark & execute.
--- End quote ---
I actually quite liked that mechanic.  What didn't you like about it?
-wraith808 (November 29, 2010, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is too easy to get points for it. I did half of my 1st play-through with m&e easily. If they did it harder to gain it would be more satisfying.

Despite of all the complaints I gave, I can recommend this game to people who do not know SC at all. It may be very enjoyable and has dozen of good things. But still I think it may be big disappointment for the rest. From n00bz point of view I can score it 8/10, from fan's - 6/10. You'd better play latest Batman or Mini Ninjas ;)

*) Some issue I have with Fallout:New Vegas right now. Was expensive, I bought it and can't even play without CTD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version