ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Jeans pocket - the square-ish one on the right

<< < (3/8) > >>

tomos:
hmmm, trying to figure out cranioscopical's last comment...

Mark's Work Wearhouse jeans give a very generous sized watch pocket, so there is no leap to imagine a pocket watch going in there.  Keep in mind too that this wouldn't be yer fancy pocket watch for a fancy man.  *Real* men had their watch on a chain, and it was always tucked into their *vest* pocket.  Vests being for a gentleman, and jeans with a watch pocket being for the blue collar scum like me. And possibly you ;)
-Daleus (November 26, 2010, 06:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

wondering where the chain went... possibly simply into the larger pocket?
I did read in wikipedia that wrist watches were introduced for women, and were considered poncy for men till after the first world war, at which time they started to realise the convenience.

phitsc:
Thanks guys! Looks like that pocket of mine will stay unused then. Well, unless I should finally start smoking ;)

barney:
wondering where the chain went...
--- End quote ---

Typically, the chain had a belt loop on it ... a working man's watch chain, anyway.  My uncle had a collection of them, although I never saw him with a pocket watch.  Some of the chain loops were fairly ornate.

40hz:
Thanks guys! Looks like that pocket of mine will stay unused then. Well, unless I should finally start smoking ;)
-phitsc (November 26, 2010, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe not. I keep my little field tech mini-USB flash drives in my "watch" pocket. Lots less dorky than walking around with them dangling from a lanyard.  

It might get uncomfortable when you're sitting, depending on the size of the USB key (minis are best),  but I don't get to sit much when I'm in the field so it's never been an issue for me.

8)

Curt:
Don't forget, blue jeans were work pants ,,,
-Darwin (November 26, 2010, 08:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Under where?
hmmm, trying to figure out cranioscopical's last comment...
-tomos (November 26, 2010, 09:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
-cranioscopical (November 26, 2010, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
"pants", trousers, ambiguous, also underwear, but if so, under where?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version