ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best E-mail Client

ASRT 5/14/05 - EMAIL CLIENT

<< < (5/7) > >>

Jibz:
It's not so much the effect of hot-tracking itself I dislike, it's more the flashy color/border change that some apps have with it, like Corel Draw and PocoMail. Moving the mouse around the user interface, I get distracted by controls lighting up :up:.

mouser:
yes i agree 100% jibz, that is the thing that bothers me too.

mouser:
just a warning - i might not get my review done until monday; been working too hard on screenshot captor.

guys i could use some more help here identifying useful features and comparing the programs..

Jibz:
I am a big fan of security when it comes to e-mail clients. Here are some points to look for:

* Should not use MS HTML component, but some internal viewer if at all
* External images should never be downloaded by default
* Java and/or *script has no place in e-mail
* Should warn before opening attachment / link
* Should integrate nicely with virus scanner

Scott:
If I can help answer questions or point out features of PocoMail 3, I will do so.  I can point out that it meets all of Jibz' points above.  And the functionality of PocoScripts is important to consider, I think, since it gives you quite a bit of control over handling your email, attachments, and even run external applications or perform other tasks.

BTW, regarding a border/color change caused by hot tracking in PocoMail; I see only one, and in the preview pane, and it's minimal (it's 1 pixel wide!).  I assume they do it there because otherwise, there would be no indication that the preview pane had focus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version