ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Cute jokes thread

<< < (41/45) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Actually when trapped in places with the wrong level of ambient bustle, getting someone on a cell phone right next to you is really annoying! I've thought about just pulling out my phone and making up a random fake call just to compete in noise-space!-TaoPhoenix (March 31, 2014, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

You mean like this?

-Deozaan (March 31, 2014, 08:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep! Though with the handset phone as an extra prop. But yeah.

TaoPhoenix:

I like to occasionally post a joke note from some totally unrelated thread over here. Over in that sorting thread, Randall Munroe of xkcd made a guest blog on Reddit.

http://www.redditblog.com/2009/10/reddits-new-comment-sorting-system.html

And then he coined an awesome little phrase:
"Locust Locus". And for some reason that struck me as a perfect little project for someone with time to burn to do to the Locus Plague of the Old Testament!

;D

bit:
Actually when trapped in places with the wrong level of ambient bustle, getting someone on a cell phone right next to you is really annoying! I've thought about just pulling out my phone and making up a random fake call just to compete in noise-space!-TaoPhoenix (March 31, 2014, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

You mean like this?

-Deozaan (March 31, 2014, 08:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep! Though with the handset phone as an extra prop. But yeah.

-TaoPhoenix (April 01, 2014, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
^ kudos! So what is this; people can't talk exclusively to themselves out loud?
That's like the neighbor whose noisy live dog is allowed to bark all night, but if you put out a set of speakers and do an equally loud playback of his dog, yours isn't a real dog so you're disturbing the peace.
Actually, though, there's an answer for the dog; throw doggie treats; they can't eat and bark at the same time, and it tends to settle the dog down because now he knows someone out there likes him.
Come to think of it, a corollary would be if the annoyed older guy signalled the waiter and asked him to send the noisy younger guy a complimentary menu item (not sure how it would work out though).
Maybe try to get the noisy guy roaring drunk on free wine or scotch and soda? jk

That reminds me of being stuck in a doctor's office with a loud tv set; it's possibly justifiable when there are others present, but not when I'm the only one in the waiting room.
At times like that, I find myself wishing I had a universal tv remote control hidden in my shoulder bag.

Actually I came here to post about frustration in studying my lessons and forgetting what I learned. Persistence is the key.
Lessons in 'what' is beside the point; the more my neurons try to learn from my lessons, the less they seem to learn, making me feel like a moron.
So the real lesson seems to be that a lack of new neurons when doing less of my lessons is making me more into a moron?

But the more I study, the more I forget, so why not quit studying so I can just become brilliant?

Target:
That reminds me of being stuck in a doctor's office with a loud tv set; it's possibly justifiable when there are others present, but not when I'm the only one in the waiting room.  At times like that, I find myself wishing I had a universal tv remote control hidden in my shoulder bag.-bit (May 08, 2014, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

google for TV-B-gone...

TaoPhoenix:
^ kudos! So what is this; people can't talk exclusively to themselves out loud?
That's like the neighbor whose noisy live dog is allowed to bark all night, but if you put out a set of speakers and do an equally loud playback of his dog, yours isn't a real dog so you're disturbing the peace.
Actually, though, there's an answer for the dog; throw doggie treats; they can't eat and bark at the same time, and it tends to settle the dog down because now he knows someone out there likes him.
Come to think of it, a corollary would be if the annoyed older guy signalled the waiter and asked him to send the noisy younger guy a complimentary menu item (not sure how it would work out though).
Maybe try to get the noisy guy roaring drunk on free wine or scotch and soda? jk
-bit (May 08, 2014, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or something.
You're on to something, about different social standards. Your barking dog is "just it", but yeah if you put speakers out, you're using "technology" and that's a "bad thing". Even if the dog thinks someone likes it, some of them just bark because they're wired that way. Munch munch munch Bark Bark Bark Bark.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version