ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Live Sync Alternative?

<< < (5/5)

Stoic Joker:
My brother has a "fruit pad" and the coolest feature it has is the ability to VNC/Remote Desktop to his Windows PCs from anywhere (with an internet connection, of course).-Deozaan (November 30, 2010, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd still (quite honestly) like to know how you're supposed to right-click on anything with one of those.

@40hz - I promise to do my best to give proper credit when I use California Fruit Phone ... It just sums the whole thing up with a bow so nicely - I truly applaud you for that brilliant description! :)

40hz:
@40hz - I promise to do my best to give proper credit when 8) ;D I use California Fruit Phone ... It just sums the whole thing up with a bow so nicely - I truly applaud you for that brilliant description!
-Stoic Joker (November 30, 2010, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thx. I also have a few other 'other' names for it when it won't let me do what I want.  8) ;D

yksyks:
Thanks to all for your suggestions. I studied them all, but waited almost up to the last minute before taking a decision (the Life Sync is going to disappear by the end of March). That's why I'm back here only now.

And as you might guess, the winner is... Dropbox!

Using it for a while up to the free limit, and considering purchasing the 50 GB space, despite it would take almost two months of constant upload to fill them up using my terrible ADSL...

So far it seems to be quite reliable and simply does what it's supposed to do. Even my pet peeve about Excel files time stamps is handled in a relatively bearable way (the timestamps change on the other computers and never go back). The only drawback I encountered was the LAN sync, which first uploads the files to the server and only then performs the LAN sync. (Yes, I should have read the posts here more thoroughly.) So the initial sync took 15 hours instead of couple of minutes on direct LAN. In a real life it won't be that dramatic, I suppose.

Anyway, if there's a new competitor, please post it here.

Thanks again!

wraith808:
My brother has a "fruit pad" and the coolest feature it has is the ability to VNC/Remote Desktop to his Windows PCs from anywhere (with an internet connection, of course).-Deozaan (November 30, 2010, 02:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd still (quite honestly) like to know how you're supposed to right-click on anything with one of those.
-Stoic Joker (November 30, 2010, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

In the one I utilize, there is a mouse icon that you move around the screen.  It has a pointer arrow attached, and whatever that is point at is what you click.  There's a right click button on that also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version