ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: JottiQ

<< < (37/40) > >>

sujay85:
You mention something of a popup and such. Is it some builtin Internet Explorer thing, or does it show for all browsers? Could you share a screenshot?

I think the solution I have in mind code-wise does not support popping up any dialogs, so it might not fix your issue and I've had to look at something else.
-worstje (March 09, 2011, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi,
All browsers show that dialogue/pop-up box. Give me some time, I will post the screenshots on Monday..:)
I know nothing about coding, but you may not use that pop-up box rather set that setting permanently like in the following screenie (this one is in Bullguard AV)

http://i.imgur.com/ZlE7S.jpg

worstje:
I am hesitant to use a separate screen as it would very likely mean I'd have to get down into proxy nitty gritty. If at all possible, I want to use existing (builtin) Windows settings as that is how users would probably expect it to work.

Apologies for not getting around to coding that test build I promised. I just haven't gotten around to it, but it is most definitely on my list of things to do. :)

sujay85:
I am hesitant to use a separate screen as it would very likely mean I'd have to get down into proxy nitty gritty. If at all possible, I want to use existing (builtin) Windows settings as that is how users would probably expect it to work.

Apologies for not getting around to coding that test build I promised. I just haven't gotten around to it, but it is most definitely on my list of things to do. :)
-worstje (March 11, 2011, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

No Problem take your time..:)

Ath:
worstje:
The standard procedure with authenticating proxies and other authenticating services, is to set up the credentials in your connection object, and then make the connection. The connection stuff then either automatically performs the authentication or fires an event (.NET kinda standard behavior) that you implement and return the proper credential information.

It's quite useless (iow nearly impossible) to try and catch the login page fired at browsers, as that's often a javascript page, you will have great difficulty executing in your application (JottiQ in this case)

worstje:
Right. I'm with you so far, and I actually looked into that stuff already. But if there's standard facilities to authenticating proxies, there should probably be some sort of Windows-wide data repository for that stuff I can (ab)use? If a system has a proxy configured it would be silly to make a user configure it separately for JottiQ.

Too many settings are a bad thing by my book, so if I can avoid any sort of data entry that is JottiQ specific that would make me happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version