ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: JottiQ

<< < (32/40) > >>

jCat:
Hi worstje,

I'm posting delayed reply ... again  :(

As a reminder, I don't have any system messages as described by pr1m35 in Reply #151 ... All is silent here

No, unfortunately  1.0.3 test-build didn't solve a problem here. Same stack of .Net Framework Events
Well, you may compare with the previous one

--- ---Application: JottiQ.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileFormatException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at JottiQ.App.AppStartup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at JottiQ.App.Main()
Regards

p.s. currently I cannot read PM received from you - "due to server problem" as this site stated

worstje:
Yeah I heard from p1m35 that it didn't solve the issue for him either earlier today. :(

Sadly, the stuff happens inside .NET, and as long as I can't reproduce it or have access to a system to try and reproduce the issue on it is very damn annoying to try and figure the bug out.

Try this build. It will either 'fix' it because I removed some code just now out of desperation, or it will throw out some (hopefully extra-nice errors) to help me try and find the problem. Or it will throw out the exact same stracktrace.

jCat:

Try this build. It will either 'fix' it because I removed some code just now out of desperation, or it will throw out some (hopefully extra-nice errors) to help me try and find the problem. Or it will throw out the exact same stracktrace.-worstje link=topic=24663.msg233759#msg233759
--- End quote ---

:up:

Very quick reply after a very brief testing of the latest 1.0.3 build 42939

Got all initial ... & further screens ... scanned 3 files queued...  no .Net Errors logged

1st impression - great!  :Thmbsup:

Well done! I'll try to post anything that can be find either a lil bug(s) ...hope not  ;) or the Wish List  entries if any

Best regards! Cheers!

worstje:
Well, that is just a great bucket of poppycock. >:( I hate you, .NET framework.

Would either you or p1m35 be willing to run another testbuild? The code I removed, while not essential, is nice-to-have and present in about 5 other places where it apparently causes no crashes at all for you, and that confuses the hell outta me. I'd hate to release another version while I don't understand why this fixed it: by my logic it should still crash for you on the main screen, settings screen or the about box, and apparently it does not.

Another test build - the final one I'll ask you to test, promise. :)

jCat:
Well, that is just a great bucket of poppycock. >:( I hate you, .NET framework.-worstje (January 26, 2011, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
hahaha! Oh dear !  :tellme:
True! Don't ask. I am a programmer myself.
The idea behind .Net is fine. I do not agree with people who are saying that they are not willing to use this or that Software just because they are compelled to download xxx MB of Framework - that is just stupid!
At the same time the implementation of the thing with many versions & bugs & incompatibilities  and so on & so forth - is just an insanity by the company that promotes Object Oriented Design
It seems that "Small & Soft" doesn't have enough resources or something  ;D
... digressing ...I have many stories about the Framework(s) & suffering & fixing ...

...I don't understand why this fixed it: by my logic it should still crash for you on the main screen, settings screen or the about box, and apparently it does not.-worstje (January 26, 2011, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Cannot tell about the "About Box", since until the latest test release I could not get anything & now I am having everything  :)

Another test build - the final one I'll ask you to test, promise. :) -worstje (January 26, 2011, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

The test will be downloaded & performed. There is no need to "promise the last one".
Anytime; any other build, man,  as soon as I have time

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version