ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: JottiQ

<< < (31/40) > >>

skwire:
Seems to be fixed here as well.   :up:

pr1m35:
The host I'm using is Windows XP SP3 (fully patched as of 01/21/2010) running as a guest on a Citrix XenServer (5.6.0) - I'm not sure if anyone else is running JottiQ on a VM but this is the only place I can safely conduct my malware analysis in my environment

Anyhow - I installed using the installer (20110106 JottiQ (1.0.2).exe) and double checked the correct .NET and C re-distributables were installed properly

My issue is, as soon as I try to open JottiQ (from Start-Menu or otherwise) it crashes and Windows wants to send a crash report to Microsoft

This is the message I get:

JottiQ has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Here's the gist of the crash report:

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : jottiq.exe     P2 : 1.0.2.22338     P3 : 4d25a674
P4 : presentationcore     P5 : 4.0.0.0     P6 : 4ba1f865     P7 : 44dd     
P8 : 47     P9 : system.io.fileformatexception     

Any ideas what could be causing this? Really hopping to use JottiQ

worstje:
pr1m35, it sounds like you might suffer the same issue jCat reported a few days ago. If you look on the previous page, only a few hours ago I posted a 1.0.3 test-build that might solve the issue. Can you test that one and report whether it fixes the issue?

In the case it does not fix the issue, can you per chance check your Event log, Application tab, and paste the stack trace? Hopefully yours is going to be a bit more useful that jCat, regardless of them being the actual same thing.

mouser:
written up on the ilovefreesoftware site:
http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/21/windows/security/antivirus/jottiq-desktop-client-for-jotti-online-virus-scanner.html

worstje:
Thanks for the link. :)

What really excited me is the option to scan running processes.-ILoveFreeSoftware
--- End quote ---

I have a feeling that is a common opinion, yet it is the buggiest feature there is in JottiQ to the point I'm thinking of removing it. JottiQ v1.1.0 might end up losing me a lot of users if I end up going that route. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version