ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: JottiQ

<< < (27/40) > >>

worstje:
Hello jCat, welcome to DonationCoder! :)

Thanks for trying out JottiQ. As for your problem.. I am unsure what is causing the problem as I haven't heard of this issue before.

When starting up, JottiQ checks for an already running instance and if it finds it activates that old instance and kills the new one, but that shouldn't trigger here at all. So I am rather confused at this time. You never saw the window asking you to agree to some terms regarding privacy etc, right?

Did you per chance get a crash message or something noted in your event log? I think that's where program crashes get logged if XP doesn't explicitly tell you. You can find it in Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer, and then on the left Windows Logs -> Application.

Otherwise, if you come to IRC (#donationcoder @ irc.efnet.org, or try the chat link at the top of these forums), perhaps we can talk a bit more directly which might help to narrow down the problem. In the worst case I can try to send you some debug builds to see if it might narrow it down some, as it is obviously something quite unique to your situation. :)

jCat:
Did you per chance get a crash message or something noted in your event log?-worstje (January 14, 2011, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the reply worstje

Sure - my fault. Should've done that in the 1st place. Below is quite a message  :)

Regards

Source: .NET Runtime
Type Error EventID 1026

--- ---Application: JottiQ.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileFormatException
Stack:
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at JottiQ.App.AppStartup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
   at JottiQ.App.Main()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

worstje:
That's indeed quite the message. And it baffles me even more-so than your original report. :-\

For as far I can tell (but it is a bit vague) it seems to imply that when I try to show a dialog it read a file of which the format borked everything to high hell. Which is amusing as I do not read any external files except for stuff passed, and especially not in the privacy-agreement window I suspect it refers to. .NET has the craziest bugs for me to work around I tell you. :(

Can you tell me anything about your Language/Regional settings? Some things I read on the web suggest it might somehow involve character sets and whatnot, and tbh I am grasping a bit at straws at present. (Although I won't rest till I find the bugger.)

Edit: Can you come to the chat per chance? I might have a build or two I'd like to run by you to see what happens if you have the time.

Edit2: Do you per chance have a font called Deja Vu Sans Mono installed? Or other Bitstream fonts? They cause these errors in some other WPF applications, and it is said removing them fixes it for those. (Hardly a good solution, but at this point it seems to be a WPF/Microsoft thing that I don't think I can work around, although I'll look into the matter if this does prove to be the issue.)

Edit3: It seems to come along with Open Office. This discussion seems to have information on how to figure out what font causes it (if it isn't the Deja Vu one) and work around it. Sadly, it does not tell how to 'fix' it for me, which is a bit much of a bugger.

jCat:
Can you tell me anything about your Language/Regional settings? Some things I read on the web suggest it might somehow involve character sets and whatnot, and tbh I am grasping a bit at straws at present. (Although I won't rest till I find the bugger.)

Edit: Can you come to the chat per chance? I might have a build or two I'd like to run by you to see what happens if you have the time.

Edit2: Do you per chance have a font called Deja Vu Sans Mono installed? Or other Bitstream fonts? They cause these errors in some other WPF applications, and it is said removing them fixes it for those. (Hardly a good solution, but at this point it seems to be a WPF/Microsoft thing that I don't think I can work around, although I'll look into the matter if this does prove to be the issue.)
-worstje (January 14, 2011, 07:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
This is English version set to English Australian.
At the same time I do use second language(rather 2).
Therefore "...language to match the language version for non_Unicode..." is set to Russian in order to display menus & texts properly in some weirdly written Applications.
That was never a problem for Aps using different versions of .NET Framework.
Moreover, I do have at least 2 Apps currently which specifically  rely on .net v4 and they are working.
As for Deja Vu - the viewer is installed, and respectively several DJ fonts including Sans Mono

Well I may try to use chat but not today (already night :)  )

Thanks for the responses
Regards

worstje:
The fact you confirm that you have Deja Vu makes me suspect that one is indeed the culprit here and I doubt visiting IRC will be needed at this time as we narrowed it down a bit. I am not sure when I can find time to work on this issue as I am heading to have a busy saturday, maybe even busy sunday depending on the state of affairs. To boot, once I get down to working on it, I am not fully sure I will be able to reproduce the error and/or find a way to work around it.

Could you zip up all the DJ fonts that you have and attach them to a post? Alternatively, if that's not possible, you could also email them to jottiq-support [located at] whitehat.dcmembers.com. (Fix the parts in square brackets with the appropriate sign first, of course.)

That way I have a set of testing files that are known to have the issue as I suspect newer releases of these fonts have this issue fixed. And while I can just tell people to upgrade/delete the fonts because I can't reproduce it, I'd much rather deliver a proper fix. Expression Blend could fix/work around it, so hopefully so can I. :)

Thank you very much for the bug report, jCat. I appreciate it! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version