ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: JottiQ

<< < (25/40) > >>

Ath:
7-zip is a free download for Windows and Linux (but JottiQ still isn't going to work on Linux with Mono because of the WPF requirement)

mouser:
JottiQ just got a long writeup with pictures at dottech.org:
http://dottech.org/freeware-reviews/21190

worstje:
Do you mind providing the portable version in .ZIP format? Not everyone can open .7z.
-Ashraf (January 10, 2011, 03:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll consider it once I wake up a bit more. The way I see it, .zip has been around since the 90ies, and while it is a good format, there's way better alternatives available already. I have not removed the requirement for the VC++ 2010 Redistributables because of efficiency and because as time passes, everyone should have those on their system. My logic is the same with the .7z format: everyone ought to get an archiver able to extract it nowadays.

Perhaps such 'progressive' thinking of mine is the wrong thing to use here, but if I don't try to push a better format a bit, who will? Big companies certainly won't as they have companies, users won't because older formats work fine for them, and so forth. It is a little thing to get a new archiver as even the builtin Windows support for .zip is the crappiest and slowest thing I've seen.

JottiQ just got a long writeup with pictures at dottech.org:
http://dottech.org/freeware-reviews/21190
-mouser (January 10, 2011, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Awesome, I'll go read it now. :D

worstje:
Ok, so I admit it is addictive to look at the referers and notice all the articles and other nooks and crannies that link to JottiQ. And I noticed that a lot of them are foreign, non-english going through the effort of using and reviewing JottiQ. So I wonder.. maybe I should change that?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks. :)

ccondrup:
Thanks for a nice frontend.

My two cents: I hadn't seen mention of the drag-drop part, so I just assumed there was an "add files"-button somewhere in the UI. One of the few enabled buttons was the "add running processes" so I assumed that was for adding files to queue and clicked it. That sparked 10+ scans which I hadn't planned on. Just saying - in case number of scans is still an issue - the current UI might lead to unneccesary scans.

Amusing that the only running process where a detection was reported was from Screenshotcaptor ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version