ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: JottiQ

<< < (20/40) > >>

worstje:
I'll look into it, thank you. :)

cranioscopical:
Hey! 1.0.1 is out!

After listening patiently to a couple of trifling issues of mine and then being so accomodating as to eliminate them, worstje has released version 1.0.1 of JottiQ.  :Thmbsup:

Watch the first post in this topic for its appearance.

worstje:
JottiQ v1.0.1 is brought to all of you by nobody other than our resident babblemouth cranioscopical. :)

The opening post has been updated to match, by the by.

Ath:
...auto-download during installation. Harmless details like that can make some people go crazy in a non-productive way ;)
-Bamse (January 01, 2011, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

As unfortunate as that (user)behavior may be, the JottiQ installer really throws a big Yes/No messagebox, listing all prerequisites and their sizes, at the user if (any of) the pre-reqs need to be downloaded and installed.

It might be a good practice to pre-announce that with the download-link (but not offer any links), so a really paranoid user can download these pre-reqs himself from the source he wants/trusts. :up:
This installer downloads the proper web-installers from Microsoft and installs the frameworks, including their proper language-packs, as and if required by the OS at hand. 8)

Undesirable workaround hidden here...If it gets really problematic, I could add a feature to select something like changing the Yes/No to Yes/No/Cancel, to either Yes:download & install, No:skip the pre-reqs & continue or Cancel:halt the complete installer, but that could  lead to a non-working installation of JottiQ (or anything else that uses the script-parts I used) and would not really be desirable, IMHO.

worstje:
If there is a proper messagebox, it is completely fine by me. I am against installing if the requirements are not installed - while with a .7z archive it is okay for stuff to break if people deny such a thing, people expect that if an installer completes the application will work. Thus, offering an option that would result in a non-working installation is lunacy by my book. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version