ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Backup Guide

Don't forget Syncback !!!!

(1/3) > >>

Second Shadow:
I can't believe Syncback wasn't included in the Backup software review.

It has an amazing set of features and it's quite user-friendly. Plus, the author is constantly releasing new updates with bug fixes and new features, something that I really appreciate.

I did try many of the programs mentioned in the review a while ago, when I was looking for an FTP Backup solution tool. I finally chose Syncback for it reliability and simplicity in achieving what I wanted.

Please include it in future updates of the review (and NO, I'm NOT the developer :) )

mouser:
actually syncback has been mentioned in several threads on this forum (do a search and youll see) - and it has lots of fans; clearly a good program.

our backup review was kind of a combo review, and we didn't end up doing a full comparison of all file backup tools - our primary focus was on incremental versioned backup functions due to the nature of the review.  would be nice to do a comprehensive review this year on backup tools.

Armando:
Hello.

Just posted in another thread about that same subject. Although I understand Mouser, it should be understood that SyncBackSE is not only a synchronization program: it's a backup (incremental or whatever you want) solution AND a synchronization solution. Please have a look at my comment in the thread named "Acronis now does backup of individual files/folders" ( https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=3285.0 ). (It's true though that the software's name (SyncBackSE), suggests synchronization only... too bad.)

I wrote :
I've been able to do everything that Genie does and more. Like, for instance, ignoring files that have/have not been modified/created within a certain range of time; I've never been able to do that with Genie Backup -- and there are lots of other options you don't have in Genie Backup. So, I really wonder why SyncBackSE didn't figure in the backup software review. In my opinion, it's really the best.

PS: I use True Image for full backups, and SyncBackSE for synchronization and incremental backups. I backup to three different hard drives (sync some stuff, and backup others) : one internal, and two externals. Never lost one single file... I can't afford to lose anything : everything, and I mean *everything* is on my computer (except for my girlfriend).
--- End quote ---

Z.

Mentat:
I agree Armando,
I use SyncBack and True Image like you.
SB need to be more present in the DC forums  because it's a wonderful piece of program with lot of possibilities.

urlwolf:
I use syncBack too.
However, I found a show-stopper: No way to recover the incremental backups. It has no provision for getting only the latest copy of each file. A big omission if you ask me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version