ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Process Explorer 14

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
What's New (November 16, 2010)

Process Explorer v14 http://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/sysinternals/bb896653%28en-us%29.aspx

This major update to Process Explorer adds a slew of enhancements and new functionality including network and disk monitoring, an improved multi-tab system information dialog, additional memory statistics, a new column that shows aggregate CPU usage for a tree of processes, improved DLL scanning performance and accuracy, command-lines in process tree tooltips, support for more than 64 CPU systems, and more.

Runs on:
    * Client: Windows XP and higher (Including IA64).
    * Server: Windows Server 2003 and higher (Including IA64).-Windows Sysinternals
--- End quote ---

worstje:
I just tried it and went back to the old version. When I close the window of v14, the process keeps running on the background and I need to manually kill it using the regular windows explorer. (Using 64-bit Windows 7 here.) My older version doesn't have that problem.

Once they fix that issue, I'll look into getting it again, since it's my favorite tool of them all. :)

Curt:
-it may neither be a problem or an issue, but a long requested feature..
 ;)

Edited: I don't like it either. The red cross should mean exit.

mrainey:
I find that PE disappears from Task Manager 10-15 seconds after I close it (with XP).

Tuxman:
I just tried it and went back to the old version. When I close the window of v14, the process keeps running on the background and I need to manually kill it using the regular windows explorer.-worstje (November 17, 2010, 06:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
I remember v12 to have done that, too. Or was it the tray icon functionality?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version