ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

iPod - tell me why I should buy one

<< < (3/13) > >>

MerleOne:
I was die-hard Cowon fan until recently, because of the sound quality and mp3 post-processing that really improves the quality, and because of the output power that can drive headphones such as Alessandro's (Grado modified).

I bought recently an iPod Touch "4G" and I do love this (pricey) device : the sound quality, while not as exceptional as with a Cowon, is much improved compared to previous iPods, and there is so much more with Iphone OS 4, very nice games (Angry Birds for example), Wifi browsing, Dropbox sync for some useful files, password management sync'd through dropbox, etc.

The podcast management in iTunes is reasonably well done, and also simplifies the way I use them.

TheQwerty:
Dropbox sync for some useful files, password management sync'd through dropbox, etc.

The podcast management in iTunes is reasonably well done, and also simplifies the way I use them.-MerleOne (November 17, 2010, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't suppose you could use Dropbox to do the majority of media syncing for the Touch, could you?

app103:
This is based on information from my daughter, who owned an older iPod and opted for a Sony to replace it, because she categorizes iTunes as malware.

The goodThe badiPod
* large storage capacity
* long battery life
* ipod touch runs apps (like an iphone without the phone)
* more accessories available for them (docking systems, etc)
* repairable (easier to find some place that would be willing to fix it)
* itunes
* app store
* not cheap
* can't use while wearing gloves
* changes file names to strings of random numbers when adding musicSony Walkman NWZS545BLK
* no itunes
* drag & drop files on it from explorer (there is software, but you don't have to use it)
* drag & drop files off it to another machine
* external speaker
* fm radio
* recording abilities
* good capacity
* long battery life
* plays videos
* store images
* can use while wearing gloves
* keeps file names when adding music
* cheaper than an ipod
* speaker quality isn't that good at loud volumes
* radio can be fuzzy without headphones and not too good when moving around
Her conclusions:

If the idea of iTunes or the app store doesn't bother you, and you can afford it, an iPod is a really nice player to have. If you want to save a little money, avoid iTunes, want something simpler, or want the ability to transfer files off your player to another computer, get something else.

She is very happy with her Sony, but would consider owning another iPod, if it wasn't for the whole iTunes thing.

Darwin:
Yup... that Sony is one of the players I fiddled around with. VERY nice  :Thmbsup:

MerleOne:
Dropbox sync for some useful files, password management sync'd through dropbox, etc.

The podcast management in iTunes is reasonably well done, and also simplifies the way I use them.-MerleOne (November 17, 2010, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't suppose you could use Dropbox to do the majority of media syncing for the Touch, could you?
-TheQwerty (November 17, 2010, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, actually, Dropbox is just used to sync data files, not media files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version