ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

iPod - tell me why I should buy one

<< < (11/13) > >>

Target:
While wandering around DX looking for more pointless stuff to buy, (actually I've been slowly replacing the MR16 halogens with LED versions), I stumbled upon this if you're still in the market for a PMP.-4wd (December 01, 2010, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes I'm still n the market (thanks for thinking of me)

not so sure about this item though, it seems somewhat bulkier than I would prefer, and the general consensus seemed to be that the battery life was lousy (I note also that it appears to come with a US charging adaptor which may be another issue)

on top of that I don't do paypal...   

many thanks :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

tomos:
While wandering around DX looking for more pointless stuff to buy, (actually I've been slowly replacing the MR16 halogens with LED versions), I stumbled upon this if you're still in the market for a PMP.

Zune 3" LCD 30GB Wifi Portable Digital Media Player with FM Tuner (Black) - US$58.01
 (see attachment in previous post)
Cheap enough if you want to try something a little more than a MP3 playing memory stick.
-4wd (December 01, 2010, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

anyone know is Zune no longer available in Europe ?
I can only find accessories  :huh:

TheQwerty:
anyone know is Zune no longer available in Europe ?
I can only find accessories  :huh:-tomos (December 02, 2010, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't think they've ever sold the Zune outside of North America.

With Windows Phone 7 they finally expanded the Zune Pass and Marketplace internationally, so maybe the next revision of the Zune-line will also be available to the rest of the world.

not so sure about this item though, it seems somewhat bulkier than I would prefer, and the general consensus seemed to be that the battery life was lousy-Target (December 01, 2010, 10:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's a terribly dated device at this point. I own one which I still use and I get a day or two out of the battery.  By today's standards it is incredibly bulky however it's really no where near as bad as it appears in pictures.

Being so outdated I wouldn't recommended this, but it's not an awful purchase at that price.

Darwin:
tomos - the Zune disappeared from Canada a couple of years ago as well. We never even got the Zune HD. As TheQwerty notes, with WP 7 out - and dependant on the Zune software - we may see a return of the dedicated PMP. I imagine this is going to depend on how successful the phones are. As noted in other threads, MS is going to have to work to make the next version more than an MS version of the iPod Touch, though, if they want to compete with the iPod.

Tuxman:
I recently heard that the iPhone 4 has even a better sound than the iPod does, so the question is: Why should anyone want to buy an iPod anyway?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version