ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

iPod - tell me why I should buy one

<< < (6/13) > >>

skwire:
Not as far as I know.  I use it for my daughter's Nano and I don't have iTunes installed.

4wd:
I had a whip around the local retailers at lunch and while I can buy an iPod anywhere, there is a serious dearth of alternatives.

Ideally I'm looking for a device that is in no way proprietry, ie one that doesn't require special software or drivers to charge or manage (effectively it would be USB key with a music player built in...)
-Target (November 16, 2010, 10:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

You don't have a DSE near you?

Give you a chance to play with the lower end of the scale :)

My friend just buys the cheap $20 2/4GB generic players, when they break he buys another - as Renegade said, they're a throwaway item these days.

Darwin:
Not as far as I know.  I use it for my daughter's Nano and I don't have iTunes installed.
-skwire (November 17, 2010, 10:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's the Nano, though. It's only the Touch and the iPhone that lock the user into iTunes...

Target:
You don't have a DSE near you?

Give you a chance to play with the lower end of the scale :)

My friend just buys the cheap $20 2/4GB generic players, when they break he buys another - as Renegade said, they're a throwaway item these days.
--- End quote ---

yeah, I canvassed them as well (but not the online store)

I suppose i was kind of avoiding the no-name brands.  As you say, they are almost disposable these days, but I would rather spend a bit more and get something that's at least halfway decent and that's likely to last more than a few months. 

I'm not hard on gear and they generally seem to last me way longer than they do for others I know so it's worth it to me to spend a bit more - having said that I have to say I'm a bit surprised at how expensive they seem to be given how ubiquitous they are... 

Lutz_:
The SanDisk Sansa Fuze works for me just fine, nice soundquality, long battery life, small, has a micro SDHC card slot, cheap and it is .... simple.  It is just a music player and radio; it does not require any special software. You can also find some accessories for it online.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sansa_Fuze

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version