ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

[eCommerce Script] TomatoCart - A First Look Review

(1/3) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
OK, this is a first look review of this website script.  Please bear with me as I am currently being harrased by my puppy whilst typing!  >:(

Basic Info

App NameTomatoCartApp URLhttp://www.tomatocart.com/App Version Reviewed1.0.1 - Free Open SourceTest System SpecsLinux Web HostingSupported OSesAny Website Hosting with SQLSupport MethodsGuides, E-Mail, Phone, TwitterUpgrade PolicyVia Free Download of an Upgrade PackageTrial Version Available?No, Its FREE Open SourcePricing SchemeFree Open SourceAuthor Donation LinkSupport TomatoCart by Voting For Them!Reviewer Donation LinkDonate to Stephen66515, the Review AuthorScreencast Video URLScreenshots - Live Store DemoRelationship btwn. Reviewer and Product REVIEWER: There is no Relationship between the Reviewer and The Script Developer(s).

Intro:

TomatoCart is a great alternative to the likes of ZenCart, and osCommerce for anybody looking for a totally free, open source, and highly powerfull E-Commerce tool.

With a feature filled, AJAX driven Admin Suite, which works as a virtual desktop (See Admin Panel Screenshot Below), you will never need to hunt for an option again.

Unlike other scripts, this websites works directly 'out-of-the-box' and looks marvelous even on its default theme. (Change a few images, add your products and payment info, and your good to go).

Shop Front

Admin Virtual Desktop

Who is this script designed for:

Anybody who is looking for an amazing script to run thier online store.

The Good

Beautiful Default Theme
Hugely Powerful AJAX Driven Admin Virtual Desktop
Reviews and Ratings Feature
User Wish List Feature
User "Never Expires" Cart - Items stay until a user removes, or orders.

The needs improvement section

From the moment of installation, until now, I have not had a single error with the script.

This product could only really be improved by user involvement.  With it being free, open source, this is a user driven development, and with it being new on the market, we can only wait for more extentions to be added to the list, or create them ourselves.

Why I think you should use this product

If you are looking for a powerful, beautiful, sleek, strong e-commerce solution, you should certainly give this a look.

How does it compare to similar apps

Nicer Looking Themes
Hugely Organised Admin Panel

Conclusions

My conclusion is simple and is as follows:

If you don't use it now because its new, keep checking back every few days, see all the new things that have been added, and modified, and if in 2 weeks time you prefer another script, then so be it.  However, if you are serious about setting up an online shop, either a new one, or an upgrade of a current one, this is the script for you.

Links to other reviews of this application

No other reviews found.

superboyac:
Thanks Stephen!  Great suggestions and review.  I have very big hopes for this in the near future.

4wd:
OK, this is a first look review of this website script.  Please bear with me as I am currently being harrased by my puppy whilst typing!  >:(-Stephen66515 (November 16, 2010, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Would that be Puppy Linux?

KynloStephen66515:
OK, this is a first look review of this website script.  Please bear with me as I am currently being harrased by my puppy whilst typing!  >:(-Stephen66515 (November 16, 2010, 08:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Would that be Puppy Linux?
-4wd (November 18, 2010, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope, just an annoying 5month old bull mastiff X rottweiler being a little sod as per usual  >:(

JavaJones:
Looks nice. Reminds me of OpenCart, which I'm already a bit of a fan of. Nice, simple, easy to use, but still fairly powerful system. I'll have to take a closer look at TomatoCart as well.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version