ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Settings not being saved

<< < (4/11) > >>

risingeil:
I just tried that, it didn't work for me.  those three lines go in ConfigDir.ini right?  I don't have FARR installed in Program Files either.

mouser:
i think the PORTABLE=TRUE already forces the configuration directory to be in same directory as the app, so the CONFIGDIR line *should* be unnesc.

if you are trying to use FARR from a dropbox directory and having troubles.. why not first try it in a directory in your documents path, and see if that works first.  if so, then the problem has something to do with the dropbox setup and farr.

naveed:
Tried the portable flag. I gave "Authorized user" full control, but still does not save settings.

naveed:
Removed the portable flag. Copied over the FindAndRunRobot.ini file from my older Vista (which had UAC off) hard drive to C:\Configs\Farr and changed the values manually. It reads from that file correctly, but does not write to it.

I tried ProcMon with the WriteFile Operation enabled and I don't see FARR trying to write anything. Perhaps, I'm missing something in my ProcMon settings, but I'm willing to try any suggestions.

risingeil:
Ran FARR form a folder on the desktop.  Sam problem, refuse to save settings.
By the way, how many people are actually having this problem?  There aren't a lot of people in this conversation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version