ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Cautomaton

<< < (5/10) > >>

cranioscopical:
Looking good  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
I now have a hat in the bottom left corner of my console.

I also have this

mouser:
It's interesting to see a few things re-ordered, like "Run Sandboxes" which is near top in Cautomaton.

worstje:
That screenshot is mighty interesting. What application is it that you compare Cautomaton's popup against? The custom theming makes me assume it isn't explorer. I'm pretty curious why some of those items (Run sandboxed, Kedit this) are in different spots.

As for the rename option... it is an oddball. I can definitely get the option to go in, but Windows itself doesn't handle it. I'd need to handle the command within Cautomaton, and then the question becomes - how? Popup a dialog and let someone type something there? Return an exit code that tells the calling application rename was selected so they can handle it? A new flag to let one pick between those two choices?

Don't get me wrong - it is very possible. But the nature of the command wreaks a bit of havoc since you can basically select an option in two different ways, and then the output would also be pretty drastically different for both.

There is a lot of paths the code can take, and it would be pretty easy to have an addition break some other usecase as a side-effect. So before I throw myself onto that particular problem, can you give a usecase where you would use said rename option?

cranioscopical:
Sorry for the time lapse, I was lunching  :)

That screenshot is mighty interesting. What application is it that you compare Cautomaton's popup against? The custom theming makes me assume it isn't explorer. I'm pretty curious why some of those items (Run sandboxed, Kedit this) are in different spots.-worstje (November 15, 2010, 11:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Duh… never forget that you're dealing with a moron here! That menu was from Directory Opus. I was clinging to my favourite adage, 'act before you think.'

As for the rename option... it is an oddball. I can definitely get the option to go in, but Windows itself doesn't handle it. I'd need to handle the command within Cautomaton, and then the question becomes - how? Popup a dialog and let someone type something there? Return an exit code that tells the calling application rename was selected so they can handle it? A new flag to let one pick between those two choices?

There is a lot of paths the code can take, and it would be pretty easy to have an addition break some other usecase as a side-effect. So before I throw myself onto that particular problem, can you give a usecase where you would use said rename option?

--- End quote ---

Usecase? Heavens, no! Merely pointing out its absence. I don't use it ,but simply haven't bothered to remove it from my menus. Good idea to leave it out, if you ask me.

Here's Cautomaton/Explorer on my system

worstje:
Ah, that looks pretty sweet. :)

Glad to see the difference in the visual style isn't because I forgot to include a manifest. Doublechecked as I saw your image, and it seems I popup menus always look right even if there's no manifest. And that explorer looks exactly the same minus the Rename option also makes me happy. :)

Also, I have no clue why you would be a moron. Because you use DOpus? I doubt that is a proper reason. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version