ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AllSnap

<< < (2/4) > >>

allen:
I knew you'd love it, Allen, since you're a non-maximized windows lover ;)
-jgpaiva (February 13, 2006, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly -- I'm always manually placing everything.  What's interesting, is it's not just parent windows but also children in MDI's, for example the windows -within- Opera also snap within Opera.  Very cool.

brotherS:
I knew you'd love it, Allen, since you're a non-maximized windows lover ;)
-jgpaiva (February 13, 2006, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Exactly -- I'm always manually placing everything.
-allen (February 13, 2006, 08:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Me too - but I don't miss snapping windows :)
But I'm using an AutoHotkey script to move around windows on the desktop by just using the keyboard (in a very simple way), which I do a lot :)

allen:
But I'm using an AutoHotkey script to move around windows on the desktop by just using the keyboard (in a very simple way), which I do a lot :)-brotherS (February 13, 2006, 09:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Like using the keyboard to nudge windows left/right/up/down?

mouser:
great minireview!
and looks like cool program (i wondered if such a program was out there somewhere!). [it's freeware too in case that's not clear]

by the way his page says his new website is: http://www.cs.utoronto.ca/~iheckman/allsnap/

nudone:
i'm glad i'm amongst people who appreciate snapping - nice review too, jgpaiva. i'm wondering if those of you here also have 'align to grid' enabled for the desktop icons (i know a few of you don't have icons on the desktop). i know it's a trivial question but my work collegues set up all our school pcs (about 1000 machines) so that 'align to grid' is off - it drives me up the wall. talk about not appreciating the aesthetics of icon equidistance. what fools.

anyway, allsnap, great little program - just wish it did a few more tidy things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version