ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: Ten Timer

(1/10) > >>

skwire:
NANY 2011 Entry Information
Application Name Ten Timer Version 1.0.6 Short Description Simple multiple timer app Supported OSes Windows (all) Web Page Website Download Link Download Author Skwire Empire
Description
Up to twenty-five countup and ten countdown timers in one, easy-to-use, interface.

Features

* Simple interface.
Screenshots
NANY 2011 Release: Ten Timer

Usage
Installation
Download the zip file and extract its contents into a new folder.  Run TenTimer.exe to start the application.

Using the Application
There are three buttons per timer.  The first one will start/stop a timer.  The second will reset a timer to 00:00:00.  You can also enter a label for each timer.  The third button will allow you to change the per-timer options.

Uninstallation
Delete the folder you unzipped it to.  The application doesn't write to the registry.

Known Issues
This app isn't designed to be some super-accurate Stratum 1 clock.  The timer resolution is one second.

mouser:
Planned Features - Addition of ten countdown timers.
--- End quote ---

yes!  :Thmbsup:

Winkie:
Planned Features - Addition of ten countdown timers.
--- End quote ---

yes!  :Thmbsup:
-mouser (November 11, 2010, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1, finally an end to different instances for different timers! With sound(s) I assume?. (One for all will fit my needs)

I really like the simple interface, but maybe some colours will distinguish the timers...
Something like this for example:

mouser:
May i suggest a paradigm for considering some options like setting colors?

The smartest thing might be to simply say that such options are not worth implementing.

But a second choice would be to say that it's not worth writing a whole user interface system for changing colors, and instead just support some way that advanced users can edit and an advanced setting file that is read that controls things like colors or sounds, etc.

The point i'm trying to make in general is that often its coding the user interface system for configuring esoteric options that makes adding such options so impractical, and that a manually-editable advanced options file idea might come to the rescue for a wide variety of features in a wide range of programs.

Winkie:
May i suggest a paradigm for considering some options like setting colors?

The smartest thing might be to simply say that such options are not worth implementing.

But a second choice would be to say that it's not worth writing a whole user interface system for changing colors, and instead just support some way that advanced users can edit and an advanced setting file that is read that controls things like colors or sounds, etc.

The point i'm trying to make in general is that often its coding the user interface system for configuring esoteric options that makes adding such options so impractical, and that a manually-editable advanced options file idea might come to the rescue for a wide variety of features in a wide range of programs.
-mouser (November 12, 2010, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

In general I agree that you can't endless implement user interface options. But since the only function of this GUI is showing how time flies, it deserves some display/style options.

How options are implemented isn't very important, the mock-up I made was just an example. Personally I don't like Ini-tweak screenshots. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version