ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anybody know Depeche View?

(1/2) > >>

sajman99:
I have several search tools which can search inside text files, but I was looking around for an alternative when I found this...

Depeche View is a portable app which can perform realtime text search on multiple files.
http://stahlworks.com/dev/depeche-view.html
Depeche View loads all text files from a folder, showing all content in one window. It is used to search, analyze and edit huge amounts of text (source code, CSV data, log files or documentation) at high speed with the smallest possible effort. Portable executable, try the freeware edition without installation!
--- End quote ---

Version differences are provided on this page; the Extended Edition is priced at $19.90.

I've just started tinkering with the free version (aka Depeche View Base). I'm impressed so far--darn useful app!  8) Anybody know Depeche View?

sajman99:
Just noticed there is a new release of Depeche View: version 1.4.4.

Thanks StahlWorks for this useful software. :Thmbsup: I'm finding it really addictive.

sajman99:
Well, apparently somebody does know Depeche View. ;)
http://www.rgdot.com/bl/2009/04/30/depeche-view-lets-you-search-for-text-fast/

btw rgdot, I like your site and have bookmarked it for future reference. 8)

sajman99:
Looks like Depeche View is now at version 1.4.6.

There's plenty about this unique app I don't know because I haven't yet read the complete help file. But even as a basic user I have found it a very useful search tool. And it remains a completely portable app provided you don't register the shell extension.

Try it, you'll like it. :drinksmiley:

Curt:
odd pricing for the extended edition, I think.

$20 is of course okay, but it only include updates for six months!
And they don't imply any rebate for upgrading.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version