ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

UNFINISHED: One word, three dictionaries

(1/4) > >>

lls:
While translating I have almost always at least three dictionaries open at the same time:

Sometimes I have to look up the same word in all of them. To this end I have to put the word into the search box of one dictionary, then of the second one, then of the third one... It would be nice to have the possibility to put the word into only one dictionary and have it automagically appear in all of them.

Edit: The dictionaries I am talking about are software ones, not on-line. Sorry for my not having been specific enough.

wraith808:
How about the same word defined from the different sources appearing in one interface instead?

lls:
I think it would be even better than my original idea (if I understand you properly).

tomos:
How about the same word defined from the different sources appearing in one interface instead?
-wraith808 (November 03, 2010, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

would that be possible wraith, were you thinking of have a go? or making a suggestion
or is there software out there that already does this well?

wraith808:
-wraith808 (November 03, 2010, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

would that be possible wraith, were you thinking of have a go? or making a suggestion
or is there software out there that already does this well?
-tomos (November 18, 2010, 06:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have something, but I haven't had a chance to put the finishing touches on it.  My original was to use multiple browsers, but the only thing I could use for that was IE; the firefox embeddable was not quite ready for primetime.  My second approach was to automate the browser, but I just didn't like that.  So what I settled on was using regex to specify where the search term appeared in the page, and looking for that in the returned html.  It's not exact yet; I need to refine the Regex, but I'm also putting that into a config file so that you can tweak them (and create new ones).  I'll try to get to that this weekend; I wish you had posted this last week, b/c I had forgotten about it and had a lot of time on my hands with the family out of town.  But I'll at least try to get the preliminary posted this weekend if nothing else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version