ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How many times do I have to update my mutherf---ing Flash??

<< < (3/6) > >>

widgewunner:
That, and there are two different flash programs needing update - the one for IE and the one for FF and Opera. The auto-update program gets its claws into the very heart of the OS occasionally running its pop-up during the computer boot process. Also, flash installs itself not into \Program Files\ like a regular app, but rather into the \Windows\system32\Macromed folder.

I hate adobe.

superboyac:
That, and there are two different flash programs needing update - the one for IE and the one for FF and Opera. The auto-update program gets its claws into the very heart of the OS occasionally running its pop-up during the computer boot process. Also, flash installs itself not into \Program Files\ like a regular app, but rather into the \Windows\system32\Macromed folder.

I hate adobe.
-widgewunner (November 01, 2010, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the info.  Now I hate flash even more.  I've never been a fan of Flash, despite it's uses.  I hate how it's even become a "thing".  It's not like it's a tool that we use.  It's just a stupid thing that displays content for us on websites.  I don't know why we have to deal with it so much.  It's like having notifications and updates for html standard updates and stuff.  I don't care...nobody cares.
The only time I ever actually needed to know something about flash was when I had to upload videos to youtube or my website, and I learned about flv files.  And even then, I thought it was lame that videos had to be converted to flv to put on a website.  I know that's a stupid complaint since there needs to be some standard for animation and videos on websites.  I just don't like software like Flash.  not because of what function it serves, but because of the way they go about it.  They've created a nuisance to us just so we have to say "flash" a million times a day, so they become very popular.  This is why everyone complains about windows stuff...it's because of the shitty things they run into like flash, java, needless driver issues, overly-complicated interfaces.  There's absolutely no good reason why all of us basic users of Windows should be dealing with Flash issues this much.

KynloStephen66515:

Hat: www.zazzle.com/adobe+hats
The Other Thing: www.nugglepurl.blogspot.com

superboyac:
Haha thanks stephen!  That's how you lighten the mood up!  I've been seeing that flash dialog a lot lately also!

Deozaan:
How about this one?

In Ubuntu if I try to watch YouTube videos, YouTube tells me I need to update to the latest Flash player, but clicking the link to Adobe's website I am informed that Chromium comes with the latest version of Flash installed. Huh?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version