ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (35/181) > >>

Darwin:
As I love Archivarius and as there are features and changes that I'd love to see implemented, I will e-mail the author about this... Why? Because the more people buy Archivarius, the more time the author will be able to devote to developing it and implementing the changes I'd like to see. Oh crap. That would also mean the less time he will have for support and customer service!  Decisions...

Armando:
As I love Archivarius and as there are features and changes that I'd love to see implemented, I will e-mail the author about this... Why? Because the more people buy Archivarius, the more time the author will be able to devote to developing it and implementing the changes I'd like to see. Oh crap. That would also mean the less time he will have for support and customer service!  Decisions...
-Darwin (October 27, 2007, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Darwin, I've sent an email to the author.

Darwin:
Yeah.... me too  :P

justice:
I've emailed the author in the past if i could have a trial that indexes more (in my case 20.000) documents and they send me a small file that allowed me to test with all my documents.

jamesthebod:

...more precise results and will be lighter on resources...

I agree that the 10000 files limit could be an annoying surpise : it is NOT advertised.
Is an unadvertised 10000 file limit on a free trial really the same as falsely promoting something under the "freeware" tag when it's in fact... a trialware?

-Armando (October 27, 2007, 02:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

In terms of misleading the person downloading the software, there is no difference.  It's a lie, plain and simple.  Not the truth.  Trying to sucker someone into installing your software under false pretenses.  That's why I wouldn't use such software.

If Archivarius really is "more precise results and will be lighter on resources", surely the software authors would like me to check this on all my files?  The limitation seems to me just a way of avoiding a true comparison with other software - until you've parted with your cash, when it's too late.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version