ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (151/181) > >>

Armando:
Very good news... I was quite surprised that WDS was so unreliable.

What about Spinbitz (I love that title...) ?  :P

Darwin:
That doesn't seem right. Turning that option on tells WDS to conduct full-text search for non-indexed files. If a document's content is found only when the option is on, IOW, it's not indexed.
-mwang (October 18, 2010, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree - as I said, counter-intuitive, but it worked...

Darwin:
Following from my previous two posts... I *did* reset WS 4.0 by disabling it, rebooting, reenabling it, and then reindexing last night. It is certainly within the realm of possibility that it took this long for indexing to complete (rather than changing the setting that I referred to earlier)...

mwang:
By any chance the "Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" option is unchecked (disabled) for your Documents folder, Darwin?

Darwin:
By any chance the "Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" option is unchecked (disabled) for your Documents folder, Darwin?
-mwang (October 19, 2010, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it is. However, I haven't changed that setting in ages (that I can recall).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version