ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (145/181) > >>

Armando:
In any case, if likasoft has nothing to do with the problem, I find the whole situation pretty Kafkaesque. And form what my screenshot shows (my previous post).

And I'm pretty sure that Firefox periodically downloads it's malware list of dangerous web site, malware addresses, etc. for its phishing filter in a database provided by Google.

So yes : google and firefox seem responsible for that blocked page. Somebody could probably confirm.

Armando:
Well Chrome blocks the site too. Just different pages...  :)

JMac : try http://www.likasoft.com/index.shtml

I sent an e-mail to the author.

Armando:
The author responded to me a few minutes ago :

Thank you. It is false detection of viruses. We already send message to Google.

Bye.

--- End quote ---

So... No need to worry.
But man... This is not cool.

Jibz:
*queue elaborate conspiracy theory about Google blocking sites with other search engines* :P

kartal:
And I'm pretty sure that Firefox periodically downloads it's malware list of dangerous web site, malware addresses, etc. for its phishing filter in a database provided by Google.

So yes : google and firefox seem responsible for that blocked page. Somebody could probably confirm.
-Armando (February 10, 2010, 10:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

firefox url bar --> "about:config" type "google". You will see that bunch of google stuff is embedded by default.
Naturally all of the google stuff has been neutralized in my FF.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version