ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (144/181) > >>

cyberdiva:
Thanks, Darwin, for the screenshot.  It looks somewhat different from the page I got/get.  The formatting on yours is much better.  I've attached a screenshot that I just took so you can see the difference. 

Darwin:
Hmm... I'm using IE 8 - I guess the website is optimized for IE? Alternatively, I've seen some pages render like that when my interet connection is about to fail (wireless link to the router gets reset).

cyberdiva:
Hmm... I'm using IE 8 - I guess the website is optimized for IE? Alternatively, I've seen some pages render like that when my interet connection is about to fail (wireless link to the router gets reset).
-Darwin (February 10, 2010, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hmmm....interesting.  You're right--after reading your message, I opened the page in IE 8, and it looked just like yours.  I then opened it in Opera 10, and it looked just like yours.  But in Firefox 3.6, my default browser, it's screwed up.  Of course, it's only Firefox that warns about the site's being a baddie.  I wonder whether in addition to the warning, FF also degrades the formatting.   :down:

J-Mac:
I just went to the likasoft site.  Firefox did its best to discourage me from doing so.  Apparently Firefox is using advisories from Google to decide what sites to block.  I was interested to see that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro with IP Protection enabled and the latest definitions loaded did NOT flag the site as dangerous.  OTOH, the page I reached looked surprisingly lame.  I don't usually visit it, so I have no way of knowing whether it usually looks so amateurish, but it looked like a page I would design with my exceedingly basic and outmoded web-construction skills.  That made me wonder whether it's the real page.   :o
-cyberdiva (February 10, 2010, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don’t think that Firefox is getting its advisories from Google. Firefox 3.6 is still blocking likasoft.com, yet Google Chrome is not. Weird.

Jim

J-Mac:
Hmm.. - Firefox also blocked it when I clicked the order buttn, so maybe it's Share*It that is the bad egg. Good - they should be blocked!!

I still won't buy because Share*It / RegNow converts Euros to USD with a significant bump. Crooks.

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version