ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (143/181) > >>

rjbull:
rjbull - what is generating that attack report - Firefox? I've never had any trouble visitng that page and have just done so with both IE8 and Opera 10.5 beta.-Darwin (February 08, 2010, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I run Online Armor firewall and thought it was prompted by that.  But I see that Armando, who knows a thing or two, thinks its Firefox itself.  I've heard enough good things about Archivarius here to think it's an attack, not likasoft, but it would be nice for the site to get a clean bill of health.

Darwin:
Yeah, that looks like a Firefox warning (I was running Fx as my default browser until about two weeks ago). I've never had a problem visiting likasoft.com, but I'll let the developer know so that he can take this up with Mozilla.

I have yet to encounter an instance in which Windows 7's built in search features have let me down, but Archivarius is nice to have around as backup. FWIW, I also have dtSearch for the same reason. I don't have either set to run at startup, though.

cyberdiva:
I just went to the likasoft site.  Firefox did its best to discourage me from doing so.  Apparently Firefox is using advisories from Google to decide what sites to block.  I was interested to see that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro with IP Protection enabled and the latest definitions loaded did NOT flag the site as dangerous.  OTOH, the page I reached looked surprisingly lame.  I don't usually visit it, so I have no way of knowing whether it usually looks so amateurish, but it looked like a page I would design with my exceedingly basic and outmoded web-construction skills.  That made me wonder whether it's the real page.   :o

Darwin:
I just went to the likasoft site.  Firefox did its best to discourage me from doing so.  Apparently Firefox is using advisories from Google to decide what sites to block.  I was interested to see that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro with IP Protection enabled and the latest definitions loaded did NOT flag the site as dangerous.  OTOH, the page I reached looked surprisingly lame.  I don't usually visit it, so I have no way of knowing whether it usually looks so amateurish, but it looked like a page I would design with my exceedingly basic and outmoded web-construction skills.  That made me wonder whether it's the real page.   :o
-cyberdiva (February 10, 2010, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is what the page should look like:

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

Dormouse:
 That made me wonder whether it's the real page.   :o
-cyberdiva (February 10, 2010, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, I think that must be the one.  
Hope so anyway as I've just installed the update. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version