ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (133/181) > >>

peter moore:
what about Lookeen???

not for desktop search but the best outlook-search-tool existing!
searches even within attachments.

markan:
what about Lookeen???

not for desktop search but the best outlook-search-tool existing!
searches even within attachments.
-peter moore (May 20, 2009, 06:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm; two posts, both recommending Lookeen - do you happen to have a connection to them that you should declare? It may be a great product and you a loyal and happy user but...

People are allowed to come and recommend their own products, and often get some really good feedback in return, but it is expected that you declare the interest.

Apologies if I am being overly cynical-  I am prone to it :)

peter moore:
sorry this should not be any spam or advertising.... i found this tool by accident a few weeks ago and just loaded the 14-day-trial and was amazed... the same way some people get amazed by xobni..

i also found this discussions by accident and Lookeen was not named but does the same things like the other tools... because of that i thought it would be helpful to recommend Lookeen here.

sorry again if sb thought tham i´m a spammer... i´m not!

greets peter

Dormouse:
You could do a review of Lookeen  :)

I had a look. Always searching for something to make Outlook barely functional. >:(
Like many, I only have to use Outlook for work on work computers.  :)
So the problem is only there.
And solutions have to be portable to avoid having to make a fuss with IT to make them put something else on my computers.
And I don't think Lookeen is portable. :(

I can get everything into eml format through owa. But can't say that any of the solutions I've tried for searching them (Ultra Recall, Do-Organizer, DocFetcher) quite work as I want.  :(Either they're not fast enough, or they don't have a view showing a whole table of headings (From, To, Time etc) for all the emails found.

cyberdiva:
Any chance that Donation Coder can get a discount on Archivarius?
-cyberdiva (May 17, 2009, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I was hoping that perhaps a miracle would happen, but since it hasn't, I went to the Archivarius site to (gulp) purchase the software.  But when I clicked on one of the two payment venues, ShareIt, I was told that 29.95 euros would come to $45.62.  That seemed unduly high, so I clicked on the other venue, RegNow.  It told me I'd have to pay $46.70!  I then went to an assortment of conversion sites, all of which told me that I was being gouged by ShareIt and RegNow.  According to the five or six sites I used, 29.95 euros should be the equivalent of anywhere from $41.69 to $41.82, which means I'm being charged $4 or $5 more than I should be.  I decided not to buy the software after all, since I hate being taken advantage of, and I wasn't all that sure that I needed Archivarius, I simply wanted it.  Guess I'll wait until I can get it at a discount or my desire for the software outweighs my common sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version