ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (67/181) > >>

Darwin:
But then there is the annoying splash, hmm... however, I don't yet feel to pay $35 to have it removed
-Curt (April 27, 2008, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's replaced by an annoying splash telling you that you're using a registered copy. Only way to close it is to click on the "x" in the upper right hand corner. It would be *almost* bearable if clicking or double-clicking on the splash would close it... This is not the case. I should contact the developer about this...

Curt:
Were you talking about the PRO version?
edit - somewhere there must be is a mark to un/check:

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

Darwin:
Doh! I was/am talking about the Pro version  :-[ I only recently purchased it and have not had much time to configure it... That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks for correcting me on that, Curt  :Thmbsup:

Curt:
You're welcome, Darwin. I have been impressed with certain parts of BareGrep Pro (DEMO), but as I said elsewhere BareGrep doesn't support special national characters / Unicode ('æøå', etcetera), so I might never "feel" to purchase it.

Shades:
Forgive me if the following doesn't belong in this topic, but here it goes anyway.  ;)

Besides this BareGrep tool I use another grep tool as well, that is called: AstroGrep http://astrogrep.sourceforge.net
This has a very handy "context lines" search option. There you can set how many lines will be shown above and below the search result.

It is slightly slower than BareGrep, but it is opensource so Curt will be able to make a request for supporting his special characters if it is not already there.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version