ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (63/181) > >>

kartal:
Plus, they do not offer a trial version. The trial version of v6 was a cutdown free version which did not make sense to me at all.

Grorgy:
well, i've been trying to get to the page where the sale starts, mainly to see if i can get both the upgrade price and the welcome to the new website discount, but the pages keep failing to load.  But if i can get it nice and cheap I might jump in, thats how I got version 6, for just a few dollars.

Darwin:
And do you really want to buy from a company that seems not to be advertising the availability of v7 at the same time as it is actively selling (special offer, Bitsdujour etc) v6 at a discount price?
-Dormouse (March 31, 2008, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

In fairness (though this could be construed as both an argument for and against what you're saying here), Avanquest has been flogging PowerDesk Pro 6 for $9.95 for over a year. You'll find at least one thread about the discount on the DC forum.

both the upgrade price and the welcome to the new website discount
-Grorgy (March 31, 2008, 02:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

What's the "welcome to the new website discount"? I haven't seen that before. Like you, I picked up PowerDesk Pro 6 for next to nothing and would consider upgrading if I can do so for a pittance as well...

I guess we are well and truly off-topic here now...  :o :-[

Grorgy:
If you click on the visit the Vcom website on the autoupdate screen, after it has checked it has a little note saying to visit our new website and to use the coupon code they supply.  Its a further 35% if it will work, my computer is just hanging on it for a while then saying page can't be found.

Darwin:
Thanks Grorgy - you can't use both together anyway... the 35% off discount code is NEWVC35 (publicly displayed here: http://www.v-com.com/), if you type that into the Promotion field for the upgrade, the upgrade price of $19.95 is replaced by a new price of $25.97.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version