ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What is the currently best Desktop Search software?

<< < (114/181) > >>

J-Mac:
aenache36 (Post above this one), it seems is the Site Administrator for the ADUNA forums, and presumably should know proper forum etiquette and disclose his relationship with the software/website he is pushing/recommending.    8)

Jim
-J-Mac (February 03, 2009, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Greetings Jim

I have NO business relations with the makers of AutoFocus.
Please bear in mind that AutoFocus is FREE.
Indeed I have many posts on their forum simply because I like AutoFocus very much, I have experience with it and I like to share it(whenever I have time for that...)
In fact please think for a second that I could have chose any username but I used here aenache36 as well because I know pretty well what I am talking about... and my posts from the forum can prove that.
If you feel that my enthusiasm can be interpreted as a clear sign of improper forum etiquette please feel free to mention what is disturbing you and I will be glad to make all the necessary corrections.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
-aenache36 (February 03, 2009, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't say you were charging for it, or spamming or anything. It's just that when I followed the link in your post and looked at the forum there, I noticed that you are the Site Admin there.

That indicates an affiliation and it should be mentioned, that's all. Chill dude!

Jim

J-Mac:
Sorry - are you saying that you are NOT the Site Admin there? That you just used his username here? Did I misunderstand?

Jim

aenache36:
aenache36 (Post above this one), it seems is the Site Administrator for the ADUNA forums, ...-J-Mac (February 03, 2009, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Greetings again,

If you take a look at the forum you will notice that anybody who posted question is listed as Site Admin, now I see what you meant earlier...probably an incorrect setting for JForum 2.1.8(used to be 2.1.6 for a looooong time, probably changed it not long ago...)forum software used.
Chris, listed as Aduna Staff is the actual Site Admin and Master Developer/Software Architect of AutoFocus.

HTH.
Best regards.

J-Mac:
Sorry - are you saying that you are NOT the Site Admin there? That you just used his username here? Did I misunderstand?

Jim
-J-Mac (February 03, 2009, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

On second look - everybody is a "Site Admin" at the ADUNA forum!  Now that IS confusing!   ;D

Jim

Oops - your post above wasn’t there when I submitted this one. Hey, you must admit that's a weird way to name forum members.

J-Mac:
aenache36,

I wasn’t trying to kick you or anything. We often see first-time posters strongly recommend a software and if you do a quick search of their username on Google you get pages of that same post repeated on many sites. Our Admin here - mouser - doesn’t forbid developers from showcasing their software here; as a matter of fact he welcomes it! He just wants them to acknowledge their affiliation first, as is correct in this time of anonymous shilling by many. When I saw such strong recommendations by you on your first post here I performed a quick lookup of your username on Google and the first post brought me to your profile on ADUNA, where I saw "Site Admin" - a title usually reserved for the forum owner. Soooo - I thought I would mention it.

And now we know otherwise. We cool?

Thanks!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version