ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

[Freeware] Text Filter - portable, search-as-you-type text file viewer

<< < (7/8) > >>

rjbull:
I just tried it on some of my MemPad files.  These aren't plain text, but they're pretty close.  Text Filter coped with most - but not with the biggest one, which is about 4.5Mb.  Is there a limit in Text Filter, or is it choking on non-text characters?

[Edit 2011-01-28, 20:41] Erm...  Erm...  there isn't a problem opening that file...  never was a problem... I already had it open in MemPad, so it was locked...  Apologies!  :(  :-[  [/Edit]

If you have to set the file mask to All files, should it remember that for next time, rather than reverting to Text files (*.txt)?  Or is that just Windows?

Not sure about this; if you specify more than one string in the search box, could the different strings in the hit list be highlit in different colours?

sajman99:
So I go to musetips site today to update my version of Text Filter to the latest 1.1.0.683...

First, I notice there's no longer a portable version so I decided to grab the setup file this time.

Then I see where the setup offers the "Facemoods Toolbar Software" for sharing my mood. :huh:  Well, at least you can cancel the facemoods crapola option (with accompanying browser toolbar, registry entries, and its own service facemoodssrv.exe) without incident.

I didn't install Facemoods, but I bet you can still guess my mood--annoyed.

PhilB66:
There were no updates to the program since November last year. The only things that change every couple of days are the version number and date. The installer had this crap for a long time :down:

(you can still get the portable version from http://www.musetips.com/downloads/TextFilter_Portable.zip)

sajman99:
Thanks PhilB66 for the info and link to Text Filter's portable version. :)

I always grabbed the portable build so I didn't know about the installer issues. Previously the portable build was located on the main page, but at least it's still available.

vegas:
Apparently a new version was released yesterday (1.1.0.698) including the portable version, but still no link to it on the website (http://www.musetips.com/downloads/TextFilter_Portable.zip).  Handy little app, wish all editors (ahem, EmEditor) could add this feature (optionally for smaller files maybe).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version