ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Welcome to Hell... iHell that is...

<< < (9/9)

Eóin:
I'm sure though Apple want to manage the copy protection themselves, and that's why they're disallowing 3rd party solutions. I don't think that is an insane idea, but I don't like it myself either. Of couse I also hate DRM, some maybe banning it is a good thing?

As for presenting a license, I'm kinda with them on this one in that no one ever reads those things anyway + it's dubious if they'd ever really stand up in court. On the otherhand, if software is free I think it's very important that developers can clearly state
The software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose... etc
--- End quote ---

There's a big difference between SQL Server going belly up and costing your business a fortune, versus MySQL doing so. And that difference is based around wether the supplier is for or non-profit. Companies shouldn't be able to "shirk-wrap agreement" themselves out of responsibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version