ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

remove objects from photos

<< < (7/14) > >>

Arizona Hot:
Cyberdiva:

I used Inpaint. There is a download link to get it in another thread. Look for it. I was able to get a better version of the apples by zooming in much more, shrinking the red brush to 5 and making multiple inpaint passes.  But, it still looks bad (see below), the beefsteak looks ok and the carrots might be acceptable. As in Renegade's example and my test using Inpaint, you can get good results removing objects from the main body of pictures(see pictures below). Kalo's pictures just don't give good results many times. Forget about the beer and other such pictures.

cyberdiva:
Thanks, Arizona Hot, for your response.  Actually, though, my question was intended for app103.  The photo she posted (3rd reply in this thread) was considerably better than any other I've seen.  I should say, though, that I was also impressed by your attempt to get rid of the person in the wedding photo.  I have just started to use Inpaint, and when I saw Renegade's version using Photoshop, I tried to see what I could do with Inpaint.  My attempt wasn't nearly as good as yours.  But I'd still love to know how app103 got such a clean, clear rendition of the apples.

app103:
Thanks, Arizona Hot, for your response.  Actually, though, my question was intended for app103.  The photo she posted (3rd reply in this thread) was considerably better than any other I've seen.  I should say, though, that I was also impressed by your attempt to get rid of the person in the wedding photo.  I have just started to use Inpaint, and when I saw Renegade's version using Photoshop, I tried to see what I could do with Inpaint.  My attempt wasn't nearly as good as yours.  But I'd still love to know how app103 got such a clean, clear rendition of the apples.
-cyberdiva (January 05, 2011, 02:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Paintshop Pro, basic tools...mostly the clone tool...and pixel by pixel editing by hand, zooming in & out, over & over. No fancy tricks and tools here, pure skill. (that's why it's a lot of work)

cyberdiva:
Paintshop Pro, basic tools...mostly the clone tool...and pixel by pixel editing by hand, zooming in & out, over & over. No fancy tricks and tools here, pure skill. (that's why it's a lot of work)
-app103 (January 05, 2011, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks very much, April, for your response.  Being lazy, I had hoped for a magic bullet, but I'm also glad to know that such impressive results are possible with skill and hard work.   :Thmbsup:

KynloStephen66515:
Done in Photoshop, quick 2 minute edit

Continued for a further 2 minutes

4 Minutes work...results in this...imagine what could be done with 34 minutes :)

**edit**

Forgot to mention...no plugins have been used...this was purely by eye.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version