ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Request: Facebook Sharing

<< < (3/4) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
No offense but these share button usually drives traffic away from site. Simple "like" button which shares the page is okay. But this social sharing is turning me off because it always drives traffic away from me.
-mahesh2k (October 16, 2010, 03:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

How does it drive traffic 'away' from you? - Most share buttons, including FB, just open up a prompt window, ask you to confirm u clcked it, and then you are returned to the page you was on, safe in the knowledge that the information you wanted to share, is now on your social networking profiles.

daddydave:
I think the best thing would be something like an AddToAny or AddThis button, kind of like what you're doing with the eKstreme link at the bottom but more user friendly and more visible. I would suggest that the phrase "social bookmark this page" doesn't mean much to most people, it sounds a bit marketing guru-ese and not something I would want to click.

J-Mac:
Please, please, please, don’t put one of those little compact lines that expand into a giant window full of "sharing" links and then won't close and have no "X" to close them manually!!! I hate them!

Jim

J-Mac:
BTW, I originally joined Facebook because I was asked here to be a member of a software group on Facebook. So I joined and unfortunately not much ever really came of that. If I can find that post I'll put a link here.

Jim

PS - This is close anyway.

KynloStephen66515:
Please, please, please, don’t put one of those little compact lines that expand into a giant window full of "sharing" links and then won't close and have no "X" to close them manually!!! I hate them!

Jim
-J-Mac (October 16, 2010, 11:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Facebook Like Button ::  Click Like...no popups happen, all that happens is that it magically apprears on your facebook wall for all to see :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version