ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

LBC is using up nearly one of my cores on idle use

(1/2) > >>

kartal:
The funny thing is that when I click on the tray icon the cpu use goes from %12(on 8 hyperthread-4 actual cores) to %0. I am not sure what is going on but my setup is super simple.

I am under Win764

Here is a screenshot of what I have. I do not use the dock panel mode only the systray

I have not enabled the "show newer files" option, I suspect that that option is somehow not working properly, maybe it is constantly watching folders?

mouser:
something must be going wrong.. it shouldnt use ANY cpu on idle, 0.

can you try to do some experiments to see what might be causing it -- what options you might have set or something that make that happen.  any one else have any clues?

kartal:
Well
When I have the pref panel open cpu goes down to 0. I then select only "my documents" and save the settings. The cpu use again back to 12%. I will dump and do a fresh install. let me see.

kartal:
Ok, I totally wiped out LBC and reinstalled with a fresh config. And the problem seems to gone away for now. Sorry for the panic there for  a sec. I just wanted to make sure that this was not a known bug or something.

Thanks for the speedy follow up mouser :)

mouser:
well i suspect you found a bug.. something about your old config that was causing the cpu use.
what might be nice is for you to try re-creating (or just load from backup) your old config and experiment disabling or deleting nodes until you figure out which node was causing the problem.  perhaps a directory folder node with deep contents?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version